Friday, August 25, 2017

Home Sweet Home!

Sorry for my delay in posting my second August project for My Scrap Chick.  You know how life gets in the way, and you totally forget things, because you're doing other things?  Well, that happened to me.

I worked on my project for several days (yes, days....) and I had to keep re-doing things.  Why? Well, I didn't like the colors I was using.  I started my project by making a pink house, with a brown roof. But then I ran out of brown paper so had to re-think the entire project.  Then I remembered a conversation I had with someone...the question was:

 "What types of project do you like to make with SVG's?"

I had to think.  Of course I like to make cute projects, projects that I can use in my own home.  And I started to think about the current project that I was working on, and I decided that I wanted to make this project for myself, and I wanted to display it in my house.  In order to do this, I needed to change the colors and I KNEW exactly what color I needed to use!

"YELLOW

Well, the color i need to match was a more toned down yellow...lol.

So I "re-built" my house! lol 

And wouldn't you know, with changing the colors of my house, and adding some clouds, a tree, and the title, the project turned out just as I had hoped. 

And I can't wait to display my project in my entryway!
Doll Houses, Happy Tree Forest, and believe it or not....Happy Tree Forest!  Yes....I used a St. Patrick's Day SVG file. I NEEDED the clouds! 


Here's a close-up of my re-built house


No comments: