Tuesday, January 23, 2007
I'm SO EXCITED about this new book that's coming out from FiberScraps!!! You'll have to guess why!!! But it's being introduced at CHA next week in Anaheim! And that's not all that's coming from FiberScraps! They are also introducing some new Tintz Colors!!! Can't wait to get those too! So here's a little Sneak Peak from ME to YOU!!!
Here is my list:
1. I have to get my mail out. I have packages to get ready to mail and I have to get them out of here!!! (Do you hear that Susanne?) As soon as I am done here I'm heading to the post office, well, after I get everything all wrapped up and addressed!
2. I have to get caught up on my Heidi Swapp Big Picture class. I've stated my goal, and I've taken my pictures. But I have to do the artistic challenge and get that done. Which means I have to print out my pictures. Guess I better upload then first.
3. I have a SUPER BIG project that I have to finish this week. Not going to say what it is. Just that I have to get it done.
4. I have another project that I promised to get done this weekend. It'll get done, even if I have to stay up all night.
5. I have to plan my daughter's Birthday Party and make the invitations, make the reservations and everything. Then drive dd around to deliver the invitations. And then I have to go and buy a "Cupcake Tree" because she doesn't want to have a Birthday Cake, but wants to have a Pretty "Cupcake Tree".
6. The gym. I have to go. That's all there is to it!
7. Help dd finish building her castle. Yes, castle. Her entire class was given what was called the Castle Building Assignment. Each student has to build a Castle from things that are around their house. Lucky, I'm a scrapbooker! We're almost done with it, just have to really asemble it!
So that's my week. See it's not that there is a lot of stuff, it's just time consuming stuff, and well I guess I could stay up a few nights this week. Because you know, I work better in the quiet of the night!
Have a great day!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
My Goal Is: To Simply and Organize my Scrapbook Room for Inner Peace.
1. To keep focused on any goal you must have a completion date. Set a date when you will be accomplishing the goal you have chosen:
The completion date of my goal is May 25, 2007. Why that date? It's the last day of school. So I have between now and then to get my act together and get things organized! Because once school gets out for the summer it's pool time and "field trip" time with dd!
2. Think of five reasons why you want to accomplish this goal.
- So that my scrapbook room will be neat and tidy.
- So that I won't get stressed out whenever I walk into my scrapbook room
- So that dh won't make comments about my scrapbook room being messy! (l0l)
- So that when I am looking for something it will be in it's spot.
- So that when friends come over I can invite them to scrapbook in my scrapbook room and not be afraid of them seeing a mess!
3. Determine something you will tell yourself everyday to keep you motivated.
I don't know what I'm going to tell myself yet, but i do have this vision in my head of being in my scrapbook room and having it all neat and tidy! I have the colors all picked out for everything so that's helping too! I think it's just going to be the vision in my head that will keep me going!
4. Enlist support. Tell someone that will encourage you throughout the process and hold you accountable for your goal.
I've told two people about my goal for this class. The first is my husband Simon, the one who started to help me redo my scrapbook room two and a half years ago...and well, I hold him partially responsible for the state of my scrapbook room right now. I mainly told him what I was doing so that when he got the credit card bill for new organizing things he would know why I was spending it! And the second person is a friend of mine, Tracey. Tracey is actually taking the class too! But we have different goals that we are focusing on. I just ran my "goal" by Tracey to see what she thought of it. And well, she thought it was a pretty good goal too - at least that's what I think she said! (lol)
5. Take photos, or have someone else take photos, representing your goal.
Okay, I have taken photos. One is a photograph of a pile of stuff that is in front of my closet. I have to go throught this stuff piece by piece. And the other photograph is of my desk that has all this stuff all over it, you might wonder how I work with all that stuff on there! Both photos are on my camera and well, it's not hooked up right now so I'll post them later on (or else I'll just keep them to myself so that noone will be able to see how truly messy my room is!)
Whoo...there! I've answer all five questions! Let's see if I can keep this up!
Until next time! Have a great day!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
I guess you could say that I got SUPER busy over the holidays, what with Christmas Shopping, Christmas Cards, Mailing Stuff, Surprise things that pop up, and Traveling. But I'm back.
Something wonderful happened over Christmas. While I was in England visiting my husband's family my best friend in the world came over to see me. She had with her, her husband, two young sons and her little girl. She drove two hours to see me! And I was SO happy to see here! But, the most wonderful thing happened! She asked me to be the Godmother of her little girl! How could I not say yes! We visited for a few hours before they had to return home, but I'm so glad that I got to see ALL of them! I guess you could say that this was the HIGHLIGHT of my trip!
What else have I been doing? Well, not much. I am majorly procrastinating everything! Okay, so a few minutes ago I did put some towels into wash and did move some boxes around in my room. But something just isn't working...me! I just feel that I need some time off, especially after Christmas, so I guess I shouldn't feel guilty should I? Nope!
DON'T FORGET!!!! The FiberScraps Deadline is coming up! The grand prize is $500.00 and the winning layouts will be featured at CHA at the end of the month at the FiberScraps booth! This is a WONDERFUL opportunity for everyone! Just wish I could enter, but well, I'm not allowed! (lol) Well, I could but my entry wouldn't count, that's what happens when you're on a Design Team! For more information about the contest go to http://www.fiberscraps.com
Speaking of the Fiber Scraps Design Team I guess I shouldn't say I haven't done anything. When we returned home from our Holiday in England I had to get some projects done! I HAD TO! So I told everyone at home that I had to get some stuff done. Okay, that was on Sunday. When did I start? (Patricia, don't read this!) I think it was late Wednesday night? But I did get what I needed to get done done. I think I work better under pressure.
So now it's 2007 and I've signed up for the Heidi Swapp Big Picture Class (http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com) and in this class we have to pick a goal. I thought for awhile about what my goal would be. I thought, it couldn't be this cause that's not a goal, it can't be that, cause that's a modification, and it can't be that because I've already done that! So what I did decide on is something that is very important and something that will help me operate things a little bit better around my house. I need to clean out my scrapbook room. My goal is "To Clean and Simplify my Scrapbook Room for Inner Peace!" Now, don't laugh at the part about Inner Peace, I'm totally serious about this! You see my scrapbook room is a mess! A disaster you might say. Two and a half years ago my husband said he would help me design my scrapbook room. He put in some cabinets and began to build pullout drawers and put some shelves up. In the meantime, all those things that were supposed to be in the cupboards or on the shelves were placed in boxes or in a pile. Dear Husband put the project on a hold a bit because of work projects of his own (at work) and well, fast forward two and a half years and it's not done. See I'm a patient person. But now I've decided that my scrapbook room has to be done, it can't go on like it has been. When my scrapbook room gets messy it doesn't make me happy, and if I don't get to clean it out when it does get messy then I'm more unhappy. SO, it's time to go through the boxes, through the piles and SIMPLIFY and ORGANIZE for INNER PEACE.
Now, this simplification and organization is beginning today. (we are also supposed to identify a goal date so mine is May 25, which is the last day of school) I have pulled out the boxes, well, some of them, from my closet and I am going to go through them once. I am going to do the keep, toss, sell method (you know like on that tv show). And the keep pile is going to be put away where it belongs. The tossed pile is going to go immediately to the garbage before I can have second thoughts about it. And, lastly the SELL pile...what do you think is going to happen to that pile? You're right! I"m going to sell it, and guess where at? At a Garage Sale in Richardson on January 20! It's going to be at the Polka Dot Potato Offices in Richardson. If you need more info you can post here, or email me! There's going to be a whole bunch of stuff there from different scrapbookers and it's always a LOT of fun! I CAN'T Wait! If you need an idea of what I'm going to be getting rid of here are two things that are staring at me right now! My Black Quickutz Squeeze and the Girls are Weird Sizzlits from Sizzix. So, if you are interested in either of those things then you need to come to the Garage Sale on the 20th! Plus, there's going to a whole LOT more! Hope to see you then!