Thursday, May 11, 2017

Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

This Sunday, May 14 is Mother's Day. 

And if you're like me, well...you buy yourself something nice!  

This year i decided to make myself something that i thought was cute (to me at least!)  It's not really a Mother's Day project, but more or less a project that i had been thinking about for awhile. 

"You are my Sunshine" 



When i showed my daughter my project she smiled and asked me where her picture was.  Because she says "I am your Sunshine!".  Silly girl...lol

For this project i used a 12 x 12 Wood Frame that i purchased from Michael's and painted it solid Black.  I thought about glittering the frame, but i didn't.  I still might!  Because I am a glitter loving girl! And of course if and when i do glitter it will be of course Black glitter! 

I downloaded the SVG files that I have listed below.  I used all at the downloaded size, except for the 12 inch Scalloped Square.  Since the Box was 12 Inches to start with, the Scalloped Square was too big to fit in and have a border.  So I just shrunk it down a bit to show that there was Black Paper behind the Blue. 

I rarely use the entire SVG File.  I'm more of a "parts" person.  Here is a list of "Parts" that i used from Each of the files. 

Love is in the Air Card:  Clouds
Hello Sunshine Shaped Cards:  Sunshine
Your Are My Sunshine Words Art:  Words only
Scalloped Squares:  12 Inch Scalloped Square resized slightly to fit in box and allow a border. 
Mento:  Flower

The SVG Files I used for this project include the following









Hello Sunshine Shaped Card




I hope you enjoyed my project!  I LOVE making things that make me smile and this was certainly one of them!

Have a Great Weekend AND a Great Mother's Day!

Jill


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really love this card, your layout and all it's bold colors. :)